For the second consecutive year, the federal government reached its small business federal contracting goal. Small businesses received $91.1 billion in federal contracts - an increase of $8 billion over FY 2013. With Southern Nevada's proximity to Nellis and Creech Air Force Bases, as well as the Nevada Test and Training Range and a myriad of large corporations with procurement opportunities, don't be afraid to get your piece of the pie. A large contract can make your fiscal year!
- The SBA's Guide to Doing Business with the Government
- Get a D-U-N-S number
- Create a profile with the System for Award Management
- U.S. General Services Administration
- Federal Business Opportunities website
- Nevada Procurement Technical Assistance Center
- Nellis Air Force Base Contracting
Gaming & Large Company Procurement
Las Vegas is home to some of the largest gaming firms in the world, as well as several over Fortune 1000 companies, and many of them have supplier diversity programs. Each company is different in what they purchase from diverse suppliers, and it requires some research to see what each of their policies and protocols are.
- Boyd Gaming Corporation
- Caesars Entertainment Corporation
- Las Vegas Sands Corporation
- MGM Resorts International
There are several certifications available for small business owners to help them procure special contracts with the private and public sectors. They include:
- Small Business Enterprise
- Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) Zone
- Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business
- Small Disadvantaged Business
- Women-Owned Small Business
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise
- Minority-Owned Business Enterprise
- Small Business Administration 8(a) Program
For more information on how you can certify your small business, click here.