Anthem-Appointed Broker Interested in Signing Up? Click Here!
Chamber Health Plan Update
Because health insurance coverage is a high priority for many members, we want to provide status updates. This update is based on a March 28 federal court ruling that Association Health Plans (AHP) violated federal law related specifically to sole proprietor coverage.
- Currently enrolled Las Vegas Chamber member employers (regardless of size or sole proprietor status) will continue to be covered under the plan for the remainder of the plan year unless the Division of Insurance or the Department of Labor issues a specific direction to the contrary.
- Small, medium and large businesses who are enrolled in the Chamber Health Plan will not be affected by this ruling.
- Anthem confirmed that the Chamber’s AHP is in effect and coverage under our AHP will be honored.
- The Chamber will continue to offer the plan to small, medium, and large businesses. It is temporarily suspending new policies being issued to sole proprietors, based on the court ruling.
- The Las Vegas Chamber plans were created under rules approved by both the US Department of Labor and the Nevada Division of Insurance. The Chamber continues to be a leader in offering AHPs and is doing everything it can to protect our members and this benefit.
The Chamber will continue to post updates based on the fluidity of this ruling. Please contact your insurance broker with any questions.
More about the Las Vegas Chamber Health Plan, Providing Additional Value to Membership
The Las Vegas Metro Chamber now offers an Association Health Plan (AHP), including several types of plans and coverages available. The Chamber has partnered with Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield.
Enrollment is available throughout the year, with several added benefits such as a $5,000 life insurance benefit included in every plan.
The Chamber’s Association Health Plan includes:
- Several plans from which to choose
- Variety of PPOs and HMOs
- Two-year rate guarantee. Locked in rates until Jan. 1, 2021
- Flexibility for employers to choose up to 4 different benefit streams
- Heath Savings Accounts (HSA) available
- Dental, vision and life coverage available
- Pre-existing conditions covered
- Custom plans available
- Embedded life insurance for employees enrolling in plans
- Health and Wellness fair to build awareness & encourage good health habits
- Flexibility in underwriting that allows out-of-state employees of Nevada domiciled businesses, in most cases, to access plans
“Anthem is committed to creating a simpler, more affordable, and more accessible healthcare experience for consumers,” Mike Murphy, president of Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield Nevada. “As part of that commitment, we’re proud to be working with the Las Vegas Chamber to give businesses a variety of additional benefit options, with the same high-quality and affordability Anthem is known for in the Nevada market.”
The Metro Chamber actively engaged in the reintroduction of an AHP since President Trump issued Executive Order 13813 in October 2017. The Chamber submitted a letter to the United States Department of Labor (DOL) during its request for public comments and met with senior staff at DOL in February regarding its intention of once again offering an AHP.
In order to provide the most competitive and comprehensive healthcare options for our members, the Chamber issued a Request For Proposals in June 2018, following the DOL issuing its new regulations for AHPs. The Chamber reviewed multiple proposals, including plan options and rates, and interviewed multiple carriers prior to selecting Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield, to ensure that the Metro Chamber selected the best healthcare partner and that its AHP is extremely favorable to small employers.
The Chamber Health Plan returned to its members in October 2018.
Program is subject to change.
For more information on membership benefits, please fill out the following form, and someone from our business development team will contact you.